Town of Hanover Community COVID-19 Testing
The Town of Hanover is pleased to offer Community COVID-19 Testing for Hanover Residents ONLY.
Do not utilize this scheduling/registration platform if you meet the Hanover Public Schools criteria. If you meet this criteria, contact your School Nurse for scheduling and registration.
Community COVID-19 Testing will take place seven days a week between the hours of 9:30am and 11:00am at Sylvester School, located at 495 Hanover Street.
This testing is free of charge for residents of the Town of Hanover if you meet the following criteria as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control:
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Most people who have had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone with confirmed COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated people should be tested 3-5 days following a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.
- People who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 3 months and recovered do not need to get tested following an exposure as long as they do not develop new symptoms.
- Unvaccinated people who have taken part in activities that put them at higher risk for COVID-19 because they cannot physically distance as needed to avoid exposure, such as travel, attending large social or mass gatherings, or being in crowded or poorly-ventilated indoor settings.
- People who have been asked or referred to get tested by their healthcare provider.
- CDC recommends that anyone with any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 get tested, regardless of vaccination status or prior infection. If you get tested because you have symptoms or were potentially exposed to the virus, you should stay away from others pending test results and follow the advice of your health care provider or a public health professional.
NOT EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE TESTED. If you do get tested, you should self-quarantine/isolate at home pending test results and follow the advice of your health care provider or a public health professional.
PROOF OF RESIDENCY WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF TESTING.
Limited time slots will be available on testing days. Please select a time slot from the list below. Please arrive at your scheduled time as this will ensure manageable traffic flow.
Testing will be done by drive-up; you will remain in your vehicle for the entire process unless otherwise directed by a staff member. Please follow the designated traffic pattern.
The Town of Hanover utilizes RT-PCR testing. Typically, results are made available within 24-36 hours. Results are provided by Care Evolve via the email address you provide or by phone by a member of the Hanover's COVID-19 Response Team. DO NOT CALL THE HANOVER FIRE DEPARTMENT, EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS CENTER OR BROAD INSTITUTE FOR TEST RESULTS.
PLEASE ENSURE ALL DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION ENTERED IS ACCURATE.
YOU MAY SCHEDULE/REGISTER FOR TESTING FOR A SPECIFIC DAY UP UNTIL 7AM ON THAT DAY.